Image Map

Friday, January 2, 2015

Frozen Friday and other Christmas fun

So my New Year's Resolution includes something about waking up this little ol' blog of mine. So here goes. I think about posting all the time and I wonder why anyone would be interested in anything I have to say or anything I've done in my classroom. I'm going to start with a couple of things we did on the last couple of days before Winter Break (oh glorious winter break that is going by waaaay too fast!) We made ornaments from chenille stems and beads.
The kids loved it. We made wreaths and candy canes. My former para-professional cleaned out her garage one year and brough me a TON of beads. I'm still using them years later! We also made Santas.
I love giving the kids paper and a few other miscellaneous items and letting them have full creative freedom. I usually have them do a little writing activity with these, but time got away from me this year and we didn't get to the writing.
They all turn out so unique! I love them! Instead of a traditional Christmas or Holiday party, my team always puts together a day full of activities. In the past we've done a Polar Express Day, a Grinch Day, and even A Little House Christmas. This year we decided to revolve our day around Frozen. And we called it Frozen Friday!
We searched the internet and found Frozen Bingo, bookmarks, door knob holders, and so many other ideas. We made melting Olafs from marshmallows and had hot chocolate. We ended the day with a "snowball" fight using wadded up paper from the recycling bin. The kids had a ball! Unfortunately I can't find the pic from the fight, but imagine 14 first graders being told they can throw paper wads at their friends and teacher! It was awesome! I don't feel like this was much of a post, but at least it's a start. I've also found in writing this post that blogger has changed a little since I last blogged on my personal blog, so I guess I'm going to have to get used to the new format. Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment